Home
Ceremony Plans

1914-1918
Charles Nesfield Andrewes
Frederick Balchin
Henry Bennett
Charles Bradford
William Burgess
Arthur Chessall
James Compton
Aldwyn Custance
Charles Deacon
Frank Eames
George Fuggles
Isaac Gratwicke
Peter Gratwicke
Alfred Hide
Charles Howell
John Huntley
Arthur Kennard
Henry Kensett
Sidney Kensett
Bernard Laker
Frederick Laker
Frederick Lewry
Philip Mitchell
Thomas Owen
William Parsons
Charles Rapley
Charles Roberts
Arthur Rush
William Sayers
Alec Shoubridge
Thomas Shoubridge
Frank Simmons
James Standing
Albert Welcome
Frederick Whitner
James Willis

1939-1945
Frederick Boniface
Charles Bourne
Alexander Buller
John Corbet-Ward
Richard Corbet-Ward
Alfred Godward
Norman Gratwicke
Vivian Hughes
Harry Jones
Charles Knight
Frank Knight
John Lawson
Lawrence Moore
James Steadman
Herbert Turk
Charles Wieland
Richard Wykes


Click here to visit the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website.


Contact us

Southwater War Memorial

1914-1918



Name William PARSONS
Regiment Private 4854 London Regiment 2nd / 22nd Btn
Enlisted Kingston. Formerly 2749 6th Bn East Surrey Regiment
Died 30th July 1916 of wounds
Cemetery Aubigny Communal Cemetry Extension, BELGIUM
Family William was born in 1897 in Ditchling, the son of domestic gardener, John Crispin Parsons and his wife Rose. He was the fifth of six boys, with one sister. His parents lived at Mount Pleasant, Tower Hill, Horsham.


Aubigny Communal Cemetry Extension, BELGIUM

Before March, 1916, Aubigny was in the area of the French Tenth Army, and 327 French soldiers were buried in the Extension to the West of what is now Plot IV. From March 1916 to the Armistice, Aubigny was held by Commonwealth troops and burials were made in the Extension until September 1918. The 42nd Casualty Clearing Station buried in it during the whole period, the 30th in 1916 and 1917, the 24th and 1st Canadian in 1917 (during the capture of Vimy Ridge by the Canadian Corps) and the 57th in 1918.
The Extension now contains 2,771 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and seven from the Second World War. There are also 227 French burials made prior to March 1916, and 64 German war graves.
The Extension was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.